This year Valentine’s Day kicks off Red Wine & Chocolate weekend in the Yakima Valley! Celebrate your love with a special dining experience at a winery, rustic lodge or one of Yakima’s other great restaurants. Extend the celebration over the long weekend with signature Yakima Valley red wines perfectly paired with delectable chocolates. Take a look at just a few local favorites rolling out the red carpet for Valentine’s Day. Find a perfect place to stay and check out our guide to Red Wine & Chocolate events at local wineries (and breweries!) February 14 through 17.
Wine & Dine!
Savor a Valentine’s Day dinner and wine pairing or special event at a Yakima Valley winery.
- Desert Wind Winery is planning a Sweetheart Dinner! This romantic Valentine dinner at Desert Wind Winery starts with appetizers during the welcome reception at 6 pm with dinner served at 6:30 pm. Enjoy a four-course dinner of soup and salad, followed by peppercorn-crusted filet served with roasted garlic mashed potatoes and winter vegetables. Dark chocolate fondue with strawberries and vanilla pound cake will surely please your sweetheart and sweet tooth.
- Join Freehand Cellars on Valentine’s Day for a wine and pizza date. They’re excited to launch their new pizza menu which will normally be served on stone-fired flatbread, but for this one-day special they’ll be serving heart-shaped pizzas for two paired with their delicious wines from 12 to 7 pm.
- Martinez & Martinez Winery will host a pop- up restaurant featuring a four-course dinner for two prepared by Chef Jessie Ayala from 6 to 8 pm. Their delectable dinner includes your choice of appetizer, salad, entrée and dessert with wine available for purchase.
- Celebrate your love story at Milbrandt Vineyards and Ryan Patrick Wines because true love stories don’t have endings! Savor a four-course couples’ dinner on Valentine’s Day. Enjoy expertly chosen wine flights paired with a lovingly crafted meal by the culinary team from Jade’s British Girl Treats. Entrée choices include beef medallions with smashed fingerling potatoes and a wine-infused demi-glace or herb-roasted prawns with bowtie pasta.
- Take a Valentine cookie decorating class at Mercer Wine Estates. Grab your sweetheart and join Mercer Wine Estates for a fun event with Jade’s British Girl Treats. Decorate a Valentine cookie, complete with instruction, a glass of wine and all the supplies needed to decorate three cookies. Small plates will be available for purchase.
Enjoy a romantic dinner at a rustic river lodge or an elegant Inn. Add a weekend stay for the perfect getaway.
- Make your reservation for Canyon River Lodge’s Valentine’s Dinner. Their beautiful main Lodge is an exceptional location with its riverside views and rustic ambiance. Choose from two seating times for this special four-course dinner that includes your choice of: hand-cut filet mignon tenderloin or jumbo, pan-seared sea scallops with assorted petit fours as the end to a fine meal. Add a specialty cocktail or local wine.
- Birchfield Manor Inn & Restaurant features farm-to-table cuisine in the elegant dining room of their 1910 Manor House. Choose from the restaurant’s signature dishes, such as their memorable king salmon en puff pastry or roasted rack of lamb. Add a regional wine and a selection from the handmade dessert tray for an unparalleled, fine dining experience. Stay the weekend in their quaint B&B for an unforgettable getaway.
On any day of the year Yakima offers an array of great dining choices. On Valentine’s Day be sure to make reservations early for the special features from some local favorites!
- Apple Tree Grill at Apple Tree Resort is the perfect spot for an early dinner with views of the manicured golf course as you watch the sun slowly set behind the mountains. Take advantage of their special Valentine’s Day menu.
- Cowiche Canyon Kitchen offers a contemporary vibe in their polished American tavern. Choose from specialties such as pan-seared salmon and grilled lamb prime rib, burgers, Baja bowls and much more. Or, order online for your romantic evening at home. Pick up a bottle of wine from nearby Kana Winery, Gilbert Cellars or Antolin Cellars and don’t forget to pre-order a special handcrafted dessert from Essencia Bakery!
- Crafted offers simple, seasonal farm-to-table, chef inspired fare. Consider ordering the Chef’s Menu, a multi-course menu to share, chosen daily by the chef. It’s a fun way to taste through the menu without having to choose. Plan a leisurely two hours to enjoy the meal and the company. Add the wine pairing special, where three to four three-ounce pours are paired with every other course.
- At HopTown Pizza on Valentine’s Day your sweetheart will swoon for their heart-shaped pizza, complete with a bottle of HopTown Red Wine, two Clyde’s side salads (or Farmaggio bread appetizer) and a Brownie Buckaroo A’la mode. You can upgrade to a bottle of Treveri Blanc Brut Champagne for $14 more. Their accepting reservations from 5 to 8pm for Valentine’s Day.
- Book your Valentine’s Day reservation at Provisions now! Chef Lindsay Park has an amazing menu waiting for you! Add a single rose or whole bouquet to be waiting at your table for your sweetheart.
- Water Fire Restaurant is the place to treat your valentine to a menu reflecting the seasons and the abundance of our region. Chef Derrin is busy planning a Valentine’s menu and with a secret treat in store!
- Join executive Chef Tom Bandy at Yakima Steak Company as he prepares a special menu that is sure to please in their modern steak house during the “Week of Love” Valentine’s Celebration, from February 10 to 16.
- Zesta Cucina combines casual fine dining with sophisticated food served in a comfortable and contemporary atmosphere. The diverse menu is designed to satisfy a variety of palates, with a wine list showcasing the best of Eastern Washington.