The Yakima Valley is alive with music this summer! Find summertime concerts in Downtown Yakima up and down the Valley and at Valley wineries! On any weekend, you can listen to local musicians or catch some national acts. Summer brings live entertainment outside to enjoy the signature Yakima sunshine and beautiful views at local wineries. Save the dates for upcoming concerts!
There are way too many events to list here! Click here for a complete listing by month, including Lyle Lovett & His Large Band at The Capitol Theatre, The Seasons Performance Hall Concerts, The ChopHouse at the Old Warehouse, Chandler Reach Dueling Pianos and winery weekend music at Antolin Cellars, Kana Winery, Wilridge Winery, Columbia Crest Winery, and Maryhill Winery! Grab your sunglasses and lawn chairs and come on over for a weekend of sunshine and music paired with fine wine.
Here are a few highlights of the summer music scene:
VanArnam Vineyard Concerts. NEW! Check out this concert series from the hill at VanArnam Vineyards and enjoy the view of the Yakima Valley and Mt Adams. Bring your lawn blankets or low chairs. Food is available onsite for purchase. You can bring your own food but no outside drinks are allowed. Wine, water and sodas will be available. 7pm to 10pm
- June 1 The Dusty 45’s band takes inspiration from the roots of rock, rhythm, blues, honkytonk and jazz. $20
- July 27 American Honey Band is one of the hottest country/rock dance bands in the Pacific NW. $15
- August 24. Harvey Creek Band offers great music that’s fun to dance to with great harmonies and musicianship. $15
Jazz at J. Bell Winery 2019 Season! Relax in the winery courtyard under the pear trees and enjoy the lavender aromas while you sip fine wines and listen to sweet jazz. Special food items will be available for purchase. All shows start at 6pm. $10 Cover
- May 25 Chance Hayden is a guitarist, composer, arranger and producer with an authentic approach in the jazz-funk idiom.
- June 8 Charlie Porter is a trumpeter, composer and educator with the Ben Macy Trio.
- June 22 Trio Subtonic is a groove-heavy power trio out of Portland, Oregon, that blends genre bending funk with slow burning, underground soul jazz.
- July 13 Paula Byrne brings a sense of humor to her revival of obscure songs and adds new twists to old standards
- August 10: David Friesen’s Circle 3 Trio features Virtuoso Bassist and composer, David Friesen, pianist, Greg Gobel, and drummer, Charlie Doggett. Together, they play elegant chamber jazz.
- August 24 Marina Christopher.
- September 14 Ben Rosenblum Trio.
Music in the Vines: This year marks the 9th Annual Music in the Vines outdoor summer concert series at Gilbert Cellars Winery – Hackett Ranch. The ranch is home to the family-owned winery, The Cave barrel room, and amphitheater. Located 20 minutes west of Yakima, the Hackett Ranch is a stunning location where you can breathe in the view of vineyards, orchards, and lavender fields while taking in the sounds of summer concerts. Food is available for purchase and you may bring your own picnic. Series Tickets and single performance tickets are available.
- June 21 The Dip is an electrifying seven-piece ensemble that melds vintage rhythm and blues and modern pop with ‘60s soul!
- July 12 Jamie Wyatt offers vintage ‘60s and ‘70s country/rock ’n’ soul anthems and heartfelt country ballads of love and corruption
- July 26 Head for the Hills offers a unique blend of jazz, indie rock, hip hop, soul, world and folk stitched together to create cutting edge songs.
- August 9 Upstate is an adventurous blend of folk, R&B, jazz, gospel, and rock and roll.
- August 23: Scott Pemberton is known for deep jazz, NW rock/grunge, blues roots and west coast funk all in one.
Wilridge Vineyard, Winery & Distillery NEW! 2019 Summer Concert Series. Discover your favorite tribute bands on the lawn.
- June 15 Rolling Stones Tribute Band – Stonesy and John “Cougar” Mellencamp Tribute –American Fool along with special guest, Ben Johnson. Concert starts at 5 pm. $25 in advance or $30 at the gate.
- July 6 Tom Petty Tribute – Petty Thief and Fleetwood Mac Tribute – Second Hand Newz, with special guest, Curtis Moore. Concert starts at 5 pm. $25.00 in advance or $30 at the gate.
- August 17 Winestock 2019. Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Woodstock – A Day of Peace, Love & Wine! Enjoy A concert featuring tribute bands of Woodstock classics from 1969! Hear “Moon Daddy Band” Satanta Tribute, “Long Time Gone” CSNY Tribute, “Creedance Rising” CCR tribute, “Feelin’ Alright” Joe Cooker Tribute, and more! Winestock starts at 3:30pm. $30.00
- September 14 Journey Tribute – The infinity Project and Brian Adams Tribute – Reckless, along with special guest, Steve Crabtree 5 pm, $25 in advance or $30 at the gate.
- June 14 Stan Fortier
- July 19 The Fruit Tramps
- August 30 Carrie Cunningham Band
Downtown Summer Nights – Start your weekend early with these free Thursday evening concerts all summer long on Downtown Yakima’s historic Front Street! Concerts are open to all ages from 5:30 to 8 pm. Sip craft beverages, enjoy food to purchase and find fun for the whole family with activity areas.
- June 13 Rafael Tranquilino and The Olson Band.
- June 20 Leviticuss and Mestizo Beat.
- June 27 Buzz Brump and Mariachi Imperio Real.
- July 11 Too Slim & The Taildraggers and Bradford Loomis
- July 18 The Rad Trads and Stephanie Anne Johnson.
- August 1 Entice the Mice and The Pazific.
- August 8 American Honey Band and The Powell Brothers.
- August 22 Aaron Crawford and The FrogHollow Band.
Franklin Park Free Summer Sunset Concert Series Bring your picnic dinner, the kids and a blanket or lawn chair and relax to great music in a beautiful park setting next to the Yakima Valley Museum. Concerts are Friday evenings from 6 to 8 pm.
- July 12 Joe Brooks Quartet – Jazz
- July 19 Camille Bloom – Folk Pop
- July 26 Snaccs– Funk Fusion
- August 2 Ian McFeron Band – Folk Rock
- August 9 Cosmos’s Dream – Blue Grass
- August 16 Bart Roderick & Friends– Adult Contemporary