Spring Barrel 2013, April 26-28, in the Yakima Valley. Come, taste new releases from the barrel and enjoy an educational experience with winemakers, plus discounts on wine. Spring Barrel is all about the wine and most wineries offer a bit of food paired with the new wines, if you would like a meal, the wineries listed below will have food available for purchase. You will need to bring your own wineglass or purchase one at a winery or the Yakima Valley Visitor Information Center. Sit and listen to live music while you enjoy your lunch. The list below includes the wineries offering live music during Spring Barrel weekend. For a comprehensive list of all the wines offered by the wineries and their wine and food pairings, check the Wineries of Yakima (WAY), Rattlesnake Hills Wine Trail, Wine Yakima Valley, Visit Yakima Valley websites.
Spring Barrel Tasting Wine And Dine: New this year for Wine Yakima Valley Premier Pass holders: Local restaurants will feature a Wine & Dine special in celebration of Spring Barrel Tasting weekend. Beginning April 24 – April 28, participating restaurants will offer a food and wine combination featuring local Yakima Valley wine. Premier Pass holders can bring their Pass to any of the participating restaurants for validation and receive a limited edition 30th anniversary logo glass with each meal purchased.
Winery Association of Yakima (WAY)/Downtown Yakima
- AntoLin Cellars: In the Production Facility at 10 North 6th Ave: Live music by “Rondi Marsh and the Jazz Crush Combo”, Friday April 26th from 6:30pm-8:30pm. Barrel tasting at 6th Ave location only.
- Antolin Cellars/Lookout Point Tasting Room: 16 North 2nd St. Delicious small plates for purchase to pair with excellent wines.
- Kana Winery: Outside BBQ Fri-Sat, serving Hog Wild BBQ from 1PM – 3PM. Acoustic music Fri-Sat 5PM-7PM.
- Gilbert Cellars Tasting Room: 5 N Front Street in Historic Downtown Yakima. Live music from Navid Eliot, 7-10p. No cover.
- At the Cave: 2620 Draper Road in West Valley, Concert Saturday 1pm-4pm. Chad Bault, Navid Eliot, and Jennifer Borst of Not Amy. Wine by the glass and light snacks will be available for purchase.
- Naches Heights Vineyard: Friday, musician Adrienne Bosquet 7-9pm. Saturday, Jim Henson “The Muppet Man” 12-3pm, and Stimulus Package 4-7pm. BBQ food specials.
- Treveri Sparkling Wines: Live music on Saturday. Friday reservation only Fondue Night Happy Hour 4.26. Reservations 509-877-0925. Saturday and Sunday, Derick from “Our Kitchen” catering provides Asian Slaw Taco’s and several other homemade food items on premises.
- Wilridge Vineyard: Live music Saturday by, These Guitars Say Sorry 1:00 to 4:00pm.
Rattlesnake Hills Wine Trail/Zillah Wineries.
- Agate Field Vineyard: Enjoy live music Sat & Sun afternoon with Alexius Harris. Salsa Dogs for purchase.
- Bonair Winery: Slava will be serenading Saturday with Russian love songs and ballads. Miz Dee and her mouth-watering southern ribs, chicken and jambalaya will be serving up food on Saturday and Sunday.
- Cultura Winery: Guerra’s Gourmet Saturday, April 27th, serving up their wine valley gourmet hot dog lunches on the patio on both Saturday 10 am-5 pm.
- Horizon’s Edge: Come out and listen to some awesome music by our live band on Saturday April 27th from 12:30 – 4:00PM.
- Hyatt Vineyard: Food and music on Saturday and Sunday - Rondi Marsh & Band. Lutong Pinoy Bar BQ for purchase.
- Knight Hill Winery: Live music by Hot BBQ Saturday at 1pm. Gourmet Hotdogs available for purchase on Saturday.
- Silver Lake Winery: Live music both Saturday and Sunday along with local vendors for all your needs. Saturday- “The Village Musicians.” Sunday- Landon, from “The Village Musicians”.
- Steppe Cellars: Wood-fired pizza on Saturday, April 27 – Snack plates available every day. Enjoy a picnic, award winning wine and some great views of the valley.
- Two Mountain Winery: Saturday, the 27th, Tacos Urapan serving tacos for $1 a piece.
- Wineglass Cellars: Hand-crafted wood items will be on display by artisan Marx Menzel.
Yakima Valley Community College/Grandview WA
- Yakima Valley Vintners: Student winemakers will be providing complimentary facility tours with educational stations featuring the difference decanting makes, food and wine pairings and a Carmenere barrel tasting.
Vintners Village/Prosser Food & Wine Park/Prosser, WA
- Airfield Estates: Live performance by local musician Adrienne Bousquet. Treat yourself to a delicious lunch from Hogg Heaven BBQ.
- Gamache Vintners: On Saturday- Ladies can shop for jewelry with Cookie Lee while the men check out what “Educated Cigar” has to offer! Lunch on patio with Garcia’s famous Tex-Mex!
- Desert Wind Winery: MOJAVE at Desert Wind will be open for lunch and dinner service Friday and Saturday, plus brunch and lunch service on Sunday. Friday evening at 6pm, will also offer popular Friday Night Supper Club, featuring a three-course dinner with wine pairing by Pontin del Roza.
- Walter Clore Center UnWined – Tickets $15. Saturday April 27, 6-9pm, Live music by Ruben and Robbie on the Rocks. Enjoy selection of wine from: Hogue Cellars, Legends of Washington Wine exclusive red blends, Mercer Estate and Pontin Del Roza. Catering by Alexandria Nicole Cellars Executive Chef Frank Magana.
- Sleeping Dog Wines: “Formally” releasing 2010 Montepulciano, to the best of our knowledge the only current bottling of this Italian varietal in Washington State – and pretty dog-gone tasty! Samples of a Sleeping Dog Wines Merlot-infused dark chocolate.
- Tapteil Vineyard Winery: Enjoy sampling gourmet, imported olive oils, balsamic vinegars and salts. Drink in the panoramic view of the Yakima Valley and Red Mountain AVA from our patio terrace.
The Yakima Valley blog articles feature members of the Yakima Valley Visitors and Convention Bureau. If you would like to receive information regarding membership, Click here, or to request a membership application, please contact Michelle Hopkins at (509) 575-3010.