Spring Barrel Tasting 2012 -The Biggest BYOG (bring your own glass) event of the Year! Wineries offer exclusive food and fine wine pairings during this weekend with their new releases. Below is a list of the wineries offering lunch for purchase, live music, special events, plus after hours activities. For a comprehensive list of all the wineries and their wine and food parings, check the Rattlesnake Hills Wine Trail and the Wine Yakima Valley Websites.
Wineries offering lunch for purchase:
- Bonair Winery - Miz Dee and her wonderful Barbeque of fresh ribs and chicken. Blue Barn Farm of Zillah will be selling their fabulous goat cheese and amazing home-made soaps. Saturday, April 28.
- Gamache Vintners - Garcia Mexican food available for purchase.
- Horizon’s Edge Winery – Great food, BBQ wings, from noon-4pm.
- Hyatt Vineyards - General Grants BBQ, Ron’s Kettle Korn.
- Knight Hill Winery - Taco truck for food purchases with a Fiesta atmosphere.
- Silver Lake Winery at Roza Hills – Lunch of pulled pork sandwiches served on patio with gorgeous view of vineyards Saturday.
- Steppe Cellars - Picnic at Steppe April 28 & 29. Guerra’s Gourmet Chefs Chris Guerra and Geraldo Guerra will be cooking wood-fired pizzas. If you prefer a lighter snack, choose from our assortment of cheeses, meats and other little bites.
- Tefft Cellars – Taco Luna’s taco truck will be on site serving a variety of authentic Mexican tacos and burritos!
- Two Mountain Winery – Mariano’s tacos Saturday afternoon April 28.
- Willow Crest Winery - Famous BBQ on their patio for lunch.
Wineries featuring live music:
- Horizon’s Edge Winery – Live Band from 12:30-3:40pm on Saturday the 28th.
- Silver Lake Winery at Roza Hills – The Village Musicians on Saturday from 12:30-5pm.
- Snoqualmie Winery – Ben Macy Live Saturday Noon – 3:30.
- Two Mountain Winery - Live music on Saturday afternoon April 28.
- Naches Heights Winery - Live music Friday Tyler Paxton & Katy Lin / Saturday 2pm Stimulus Package
- Eaton Hill – April 28-29 Toppenish Specialty Shop, The Amish Connection, will display their fine quality wares.
- Grand Opening Naches Heights Winery - 2410 Naches Heights Road. Intersection of Naches Heights Road and Schuler Road 1-888-NHV-Wine. Live Music Friday and Saturday.
- Grand Opening AntoLin Cellars - 10 North 6th Ave Suite 108 Yakima WA 98902.
- Jackson Farm Tasting Room – Track 29, Downtown Yakima Friday 4-8pm, Saturday 1:30-8pm. Chocolate After Hours. Taste 2 different chocolate desert wines and enjoy 3 different complementary chocolate truffles + some other great wines.
- Gamache Vintners – Cookie Lee Jewelry available for purchase.
- Gilbert Cellars Cave - 10am-4pm; Sample wines in the cave wander among the vineyards bring your picnic lunch 2620 Draper Road, West Valley.
- Tefft Cellars – Steve Roberts, author of Washington Wine Trails at our location on April 28th from 1-4 signing his books!
- Taptiel Winery – Heirloom quality barrel furniture by Stan Gracie.
- Treveri Cellars – 2nd facility open Spring Barrel Fri.Sat. Sun at the former Sagelands facility in Wapato! Take Exit 40, I-82 East.
- Wilridge Winery and Vineyard – Celebrate Washington State’s newest American Viticultural Area. Winemaker Paul Beverage and Vineyard manager Callie Bolton will discss the wines and explain why Naches Heights is the best place on earth to grow wine grapes.
- Windy Point Vineyards - Rebecca Hillwig of Columbia Valley Artware, Portland Oregon, will exhibit and sell her original art and jewelry.
- Wine Glass Cellars – Wood Artisan Marx Menzel display of Hand crafted bowls platters, toy trucks and more.
- Desert Wind Winery – Friday Night Supper Club. 6:30pm – Join us for our festive monthly supper served at large communal tables. Limited seating. $60 per guest includes pre-dinner reception and five-course dinner with wine pairings.
- Gamache Vintners Spring Barrel Kickoff! - April 27 6-9pm. Acoustic Guitarist Berto Rosalas playing hits from the Beatles and John Mayer. Entry Fee $5/person. Food available for purchase. Wine specials throughout evening.
- Gilbert Cellars Tasting Room Downtown - Live music, Gentleman Wild 7-10pm Friday night.
- Kana Winery – After 5pm Live unplugged acoustic folk rock and blue guitar music.
- Join Two Mountain Winery, Cultura Winery and Severino Cellars Winery – Friday, April 27th for an exciting after-hours experience as you enjoy a private, guided tour alongside their respective owners. Vineyard tour includes (weather permitting)/Three private tastings/Delicious culinary accompaniments at each winery/Riedel souvenir glass./All transportation to the events/Please contact, Nikki Samaniego Tel: 509-829-3800.
- Steppe Cellars – Guided wine pairing, 6:30 pm Saturday, April 28. Limited number of tickets. Check website for details.
- Walter Clore Center – UnWined at the Clore Center. Spend your evening relaxing and watching the sunset on the lovely grounds of the Vineyard Pavilion. Bring a blanket or lawn chairs to enjoy the acoustic sounds of the Knutzen Brothers, while enjoying local Prosser wine and food. Wines will be available by the glass from Hogue Cellars, Mercer Estates, Pontin Del Roza, Snoqualmie and more to go along with yummy treats from Cowgirl Crepes, Chef Magana Catering and others. The entry fee is $10, and wine and food scrip will be available for purchase.
- Zillah Spring Fling - Saturday night April 28. Main Event 6:30pm. Wine tasting with wineries of Rattlesnake Hills Wine Trail. Entertainment – live music “The Toys”, Hors d’Oeuvres. Tickets $40.
The Yakima Valley blog articles feature members of the Yakima Valley Visitors and Convention Bureau. If you would like to receive information regarding membership, Click here, or to request a membership application, please contact Michele Hopkins at (509) 575-3010.