Time to get in the Christmas Spirit with a visit to speciality gift shops full of wonders.
Jump start your Holiday shopping with a visit to Fiddlesticks Open House, Saturday November 8 . 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM Sunday November 9- 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Back by popular demand; Live Christmas music and some groaning comedy by local Accordionist Gary Malner. He plays on Saturday from Noon – 3 and on Sunday Noon – 4pm.
- The magic of the holiday unfolds as Fiddlesticks bedazzles shoppers with beautiful displays and introduces Christmas 2014!! Refreshments, Live accordion music and specials! Free Ornament with any Purchase. Complimentary Chilled Cider and Dilettante Chocolate Truffles will be served! For more information call 509-452-7718
Ready to go a little Country for the Holidays? Visit Washington Fruit Place at Barrett Orchards for their Annual Holiday Open House! Saturday November 8 and Sunday November 9. Enjoy samples and the County Christmas decorations and gift ideas. Every weekend in November this year they will be celebrating their 10th Anniversary. Don’t forget, they are your go to place for Coug, Husky and Seahawks 12thman items. Barrett Orchards offers jams, including sugar free, Chukar Cherries, Cougar Gold, Beechers & Steve’s smoked Cheese, Its all about Pretzels, Micks Pepper Jellies and more!
For gifts of distinction, visit the Shopkeeper in their newly remodeled space at 4001 Summitview Ave.
- The large selection includes fresh floral arrangements from the in-store floral department and beautiful silks for a lasting touch. Enjoy numerous decorated Christmas trees with different themes, to inspire your home decorating and gift giving.
Cobblestones gift shop, high quality gifts at value prices.
- Find Heartwood Creek by Jim Shore, Snow Babies, Clothrique, Santas, Dept 56 collection, Halloween, Willow, Dickens Village, North Pole, New England, Christmas in the City, Alpine, and Snow Village, to name a few.
Stems in downtown Yakima, a wine shop full of unusual gifts and fine Yakima Valley wines for the wine lover.
- Artistic serving platters, Riedel Glassware and wines from the valley, you will find the gift you are searching for. Check for special wine tasting events throughout the month. Interested in joining a book club? Stems offers a book a month club with discussion group get togethers.
Garden Dance in the Historic District railroad freight building.
- Choose from an eclectic, funky mix of woman’s fashions, jewelry, scarves and accessories, garden-inspired antiques, loose teas, stationery, cards, and home decor.
- Come for the Annual Holiday Open House with nibbles and libations. Check with Garden Dance for details. This is the place to find the perfect gift for a friend, family member or even yourself.
Chalet Place - On Yakima’s west side visit Inklings Bookstore, sit outside in the nearby grassy area and enjoy a latte’, find your holiday floral table decoration at Gasperetti’s floral and visit the many shops nearby.
Inklings Bookshop is more than a book store.
- Find unusual gifts, stationary, educational toys, local author selections, confections, jewelry and more.. Children’s book selection plus educational and wooden toys, puzzles, games. that you will not find any where else in Yakima.
- Book signings and special events for the whole family.
- Country farmhouse gifts from dishes, napkins, local spreads, jams, Coug and Husky gifts and more. Order a box of farm fresh apples to send to family for the holiday.
Yakima Valley Visitor Information Center (The VIC).
- Local products and unique gifts, Yakima Valley Wines. Christmas Gift baskets of local products and wine you pick out are assembled and delivered, call 509-573-3388.
LaKat Galley offers one of a kind handmade gifts.
- Fine art photography, wood handicrafts, jewelry, from local artisans. Take advantage of coupons and special offers.
Union Gap, WA
Valley Mall and Valley Mall Plaza. Check out the over 80 stores. Don’t forget to look for those Black Friday deals.
The Yakama Nation Cultural Heritage Center gift shop offers unique Native America items and clothing. In downtown Toppenish,
The Amish Connection offers handcrafted items and gifts..
Silbury Hill Alpacas is the place to go for genuine alpaca yarn. The on-the-farm store is full of new items for winter.
- Alpaca Fiber Co-op, and items made from their own alpacas: sweaters, scarves, hats, gloves, blankets, children’s items, yarn, stocking stuffers, and more. Open Saturdays from 11a.m. – 3p.m.
- Check out their Etsy Store for Alpaca Rugs.
The Yakima Valley blog articles feature members of Yakima Valley Tourism. If you would like to receive information regarding membership, Click here, or to request a membership application, please contact Stephanie Gangle at (509) 575-3010.